Friday, December 30, 2005

2006 Resolution

I just took my Biology Diagnostic test this morning and I can conclude that my Biology tuition did not help at all. So all the money spent went down the drain I guess. Shall suggest to my Mom to stop the tuition.

Fairuz, Grace and I headed down to Potong Pasir's Mac for breakfast before going home. I had lunch immediately after I got home and went off for a nap. Slept for three whole hours before getting up and discovering that I'm the only one at home. I think I'm living a pig's life!

I went for Marriot Hotel's post-Christmas buffet dinner on Tuesday. Mom brought the four of us there. I had seven phreaking rounds, and felt so bloated after two hours of eating. The food was sumptuous, as usual. I love the cheesecake there. It looks exactly like the one my Mom makes, but taste 10 times better. Not that my Mom's one is bad. It was fabulous. I kept taking the grilled chicken. The desserts look so pretty and they tasted yummy! I have to go back there again.

We just had our Sec four Farewell chalet on Wednesday! We've done loads of preparation for it, and the seniors said we were the most organized batch! haha. So all the hard work paid off! Hope they like everything we've prepared. I'll miss my fellow Brockies. Love you guys. Last year this time we were training together, with Sui Hui and Shalini being our Captain and Vice-captain respectively, Jkok the Treasurer and Navpreet the Balabim, Balaboom! I'll miss all four of them. Be sure to come back often and once the tournament season is over, we can play as a team against the juniors! [:

I can't believe 2005 is ending soon, 2 more days in fact. We were just talking in Mac today that the year passed by really fast. Even faster as compared to 2004. We were talking about our resolutions. Mine would be ...
  1. Start saving money and stop spending money on stupid stuff.
  2. Go home straight after school.
  3. No more cabbing so much.
  4. No more fine-dining. ]:
  5. Start revising on my work consistently.
  6. Stop sleeping during lessons!!!
  7. Hand in all my assignments on time.
  8. No more procrastinating.
  9. Stop eating so much at home.
  10. Play my best in the upcoming Netball tournament!

I really hope to win something back for Cedar this year. I'm sure the rest feel the same too. We've all worked hard to get into the school team this year.

Grace was talking about topping the level and being on par with Reka. HAHAHA. I shall be a nice girl and wish her all the best for it. [:

This year was full of ups and downs for me. I've got saved the day after Grace shared the Gospel with me in Junction8 Pasta Mania. I remember not coming to school the next day, and after much thinking, I decided to put my faith in the Lord and trust in Him from that day onwards. I can say that I've matured in my thinking and behaviour. Praise the Lord for everything. [:

I did exceptionally okay for my End of Year Examination after predicting that I had a high chance of retaining. I remember ranting to Fai about my high chances of retaining and flunking certain subjects like Biology and Add Mathematics which I really did in the end, but thank God for my Chinese, Elementary Math and SS/Geog. The result was unexpected. Even Mrs Loy was surprised when she handed my report book back to me.

I would like to thank my family for being there for me . My parents, for ever being so forgiving. I've made them worry for me so many times this year, but they forgave me all the same for all my wrong-doings. Thank both of them for always teasing me for my bad results instead of scolding me for not working hard enough.

Thank my dearest Mom for her ever-so-annoying nagging. I shall take that as a form of encouragment. Thank her for spending so much money on me this year. Be it on tuition fees or signing me up for stupid leaning courses that cost thousand of dollars, or bringing me along for facial appointments or whenever she does her hair. Thank her for always cooking dinner for me even though I'd always eat out before coming back.

Thank Dad for always fetching me everywhere since Primary3. I remember yearning for freedom in Primary school and always sneaking out of school to take the bus back when my Dad was already outside school, waiting to fetch me back. And how he is always fetching me to wherever I have to go when I wake up late. And thank him for always paying my phone bills without scolding me at all!

Thank my Bro for buying a lot of things for me everytime! And the Christmas gift that he got for me even though I did not get him anything. Oops.

My sisters for always annoying me. And my youngest sis for always listening to me, and being my little maid. Haha. Thank them for always buying stupid things for me too la, even though I don't use them at all. Ultimately, it's the thought that counts.

And my friends for always being there for me.

Xinya, for always tolerating my nonsense. You've been the bestest best friend anyone can ask for! For all your lame-ness which never fail to make me laugh. And for always shopping with me! Hahaha. What will I become without you man. We still share the same thinking! Thanks for all the sweets that you bought for me when you were always late. I remember how we used to dislike each other. Haha. Thank God for all of these.

Jkok, for helping me with my Mathematics whenever I stumble upon a difficult problem. And for being so flexible with me. Thanks for walking into school with me when my Dad refused to fetch me to school at a point of time! Really appreciated that even though you were always late -_- Anyhow, thanks for being such a wonderful partner! I really miss partnering you during trainings!

Xinru, for ever being so comical. Be it your grumbling, sulking or whatsoever! And being a "nice" host whenever I come over. And for the Christmas pressie that you and Grace bought for me!

Grace, for always being talkative. And always telling us interesting stuff! I wouldn't know what would become of me if you hadn't shared the Gospel with me then. Thank you for that. [:

Fairuz, for always sleeping in class with me! And accompanying me during boring periods, skipping classes to stay in the sickbay, failing tests together, skipping school together, etc. MANN. But thanks loads! I miss sitting with you la.

Tasha, for accompanying me during nights that neither of us can fall asleep. And always talking at the top of your voice, being so mad and hysterical! And for always sms-ing in class with me during those Sec2 days. haha!

Lelin and Sam, for all the recess time that we had since the first day of school! And the outings, walking out of school together and coming all the way to Northpoint just to have lunch at the food court. And thanks Lelin for always pointing out all the unglam stuff about all of us!

Clara and Diana, for the airport days that we had! I'll never forget those days that we tried to mug from early morning to night time in the airport, when exams were just a few days away and us getting chased out of everywhere we went, and getting so angsty because of that.

Liane, for being Liane! For always grumbling about training with those funny gestures.

Gwendoline, for helping me with my Mathematics when we were sitting together. And always allowing me to copy your homework.

Cheryl, for always taking the bus home with me after Teenz worship. And for telling me a lot of on- and off-going happenings.

Matthew, for stealing my best friend. I'm still waiting for my belated pressie!!!

My netball teammates! We've been training hard and seeing each other often during the holiday season, hope we'll fine for the upcoming tournament! :D

And to all those that I've yet to mention here. You're not forgotten.

I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

God Bless!

Janine.


12/30/2005 05:05:00 PM;

Comments: Post a Comment
!THE GIRL
A vain and nonsensical Christian girl by the name of Janine. She plays netball. She is forever procrastinating, losing her things and getting names mixed up.

She loves God, chillouts, fashion, fine dining, good results, pretty nails, night life, reading, shopping and travelling like any typical 16-year-old teenager.

!LINKS
  • BROCKS!
  • Amanda
  • Clara
  • Eunice
  • Fudd
  • Jkok
  • Matthew
  • Xin Ru
  • Xinru (Angelfire)


  • !TAGBOARD

    Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)



    !PREVIOUS POSTS




    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com